Not a Creature Is Stirring

Each year, as the holidays pass, I usually feel a sense of letdown. I enjoy decorating the house, baking, shopping for gifts, and most especially the lights. The Husband and I take little side trips whenever we're out after dark ........................and look at all the amazing, or simple, or outright tacky lighting displays.

I love to people watch at the stores, even when some fellow shoppers turn out to be the Grinch.

This year, however I'm not feeling that letdown. It was a great holiday season. A quiet, peaceful Christmas, followed by five wonderful days, for New Year's, with a house full of friends and laughter.

There are so many new things you learn when you have two elementary age boys at your house. How have we missed the Bakugan craze? I'm not sure The Husband and I grasped exactly what the concept is..........but apparently, its a big thing...........go check it out for yourself..............Bakugan.

I also made it through the new Stars Wars/Clone Wars movie/cartoon. Who knew Jabba the Hut was so old? And that he has a little son who got kidnapped who everyone called Stinky?





We also learned that Mighty Muggs have nothing to do with Starbucks or coffee..............




Now I have two new original pieces of art to hang on the wall..........no wait..........three, because ScooterGirl brought me a handmade southwestern Cross for our wall...........and both boys made me a picture.




All in all, it was great fun hanging out with ScooterGirl and The Marine. The Marine's boys filled the house with toys and fun.

Now.......... not a creature is stirring............not even The Chick Voice or The Husband. The guest rooms are all empty and the place feels deserted.

Comments

Popular Posts