Wonder #5 - The Tree


This, I realize, puts me over the top in the "nut job" category. I have declared A TREE to be one of the 7 Wonders of My World. It's a TREE, Chick Voice.


So here's the deal.


I drive past this tree just about every day. It sits in some open space in between two neighborhoods. I'm pleased, (and amazed) that the developers left this as open space and didn't chop down this beautiful tree. I hope the people who can see if from their back yard appreciate it as much as I do. I'm sure The Husband is tired....... bone tired, of me saying, "that's a great tree", every time we drive past it. But it IS a great tree. Look at the shape of it. It's perfect. No one trims it or strategically planted it. It just grew there. In a creek bed. Clearly, its been there a few years.


On the high plains here on the Front Range, trees are somewhat scarce. Before the settlers came, the only place most trees grew was in the creeks beds or up in the mountains. So trees really are kind of a Wonder. In my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts