Ah Rich..................

It hit me this morning when I was looking at the calendar date on my iPhone.  September 19..........hmmm...........I know that date, but I couldn't think why.  So I kept saying it out loud to myself, September 19th, September 19th..............and then it hit me. 

It was 15 years ago today that we lost Rich Mullins.  A man who's music has meant so much to me that it's hard to put in words.  So I found someone else's words online.  And Brant, (who hasn't posted in a very long time....sad...) summed him up well.  So read it here and then come back..............

Letters From Kamp Krusty

Yes that was the Rich I knew of as well.  Yes I was around him a few times, and yes, he was aloof and distant..............until he hit the stage.  Then he seemed...........well, "like us, only more so".

I love music, and listen as much as I can.  It soothes me.  The level of my stress is in direct correlation to how much music I have or have not listened to.

But Rich's music is special.  Yes even "sacred" to me.  And some of you reading this know just what I mean.

Sure wish I could sit you down and listen to every CD I have.  On headphones, and let his music take you to some other place...........so instead take a few minutes, listen and close your eyes, pictures will distract you,  and headphones are recommended.   Let Rich and his hammer dulcimer take you on a tour of the great American prairies.

Comments

Popular Posts