June The 6th

Some years come and go, and some are more difficult than others to face.  I know for sure that I am not the only person on the planet that notes the dates, and the significance of those dates.

What day where you born?  What day did you graduate?  What day did you start your job?  Birthdays, Anniversarys.  And on and on.

 "This Day in History". Each of us have days that are significant for some reason or another.  As a culture, we share days on which something significant happened.  Who, alive that day, doesn't remember November 22 1963? The day President Kennedy was assasinated. No one forgets 9/11. 
In these parts, we all remember April 20, the day that the Columbine massacre happened. 

Oddly, I know two people who died untimely deaths on September 19th.

So today is June 6th, and if you google it, you'll find that it's D-Day.  The day the Allied Forces stormed the beaches and invaded Europe.  A significant day for sure, in the history of the world.  A day that changed the course of WWII. 

For me, June 6th is the day that my world turned upside down, and I lost two friends to a violent death.  The years have passed by, yet each year, I remember, and I mourn.  But I also have learned to smile a bit.  And remember the happy memories of those two men.

Dan's silly ideas, and Frank's kindness to me.  And dozens of other small things.

Frank,

Dan...........

Blessings on you.  And all those who loved you, as I do.

Rest in peace.


Comments

Popular Posts