My Favorite Things - My Fairy Princess Bed

As a little girl growing up, I was always taken with canopy beds. They were very popular then, and apparently I never outgrew the longing for one. As an adult I kept noticing the antique iron beds in movies, mostly westerns or others set at the turn of the century or earlier.

A few years back, I discovered American Iron Beds. They sell antique and reproductions of iron beds, in many styles and finishes .Check them out. American Iron Beds

I looked and looked, dreamed and dreamed, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money on such a foolish whim. Talked myself out of it.

Then my boss gave me a surprise bonus for my tenth anniversary with the company. When I saw the check I was pleased and surprised, and he made me promise it wouldn't go to pay bills or anything practical. "Isn't there something you've always wanted, but never bought?"

And then I knew.

I call it my Fairy Princess Bed, because I'm not ashamed to admit that I've never outgrown my love for fairy tales, princes and princesses. Knights in shining armour.............all that.  I must admit, it still brings a smile to my face every time I walk into my bedroom, even though I've now had it three years.

Here it is, my Fairy Princess Bed.



This style is an open toe (no big foot board), trestor (half canopy).  It doesn't overwhelm the room.

And I love it. 

Comments

Popular Posts