Bad Blogger

It's been pointed out to me by more than one person that I have been neglecting my blog.  It's true, my mind has been elsewhere.  I know I  find it somewhat annoying when I have favorite blogs I read that no new posts show up on, as if they owe us one.  What would I do without my 5 day a week dose of James Lileks?  I know, I'd find myself wondering if he'd been to Target lately, and if he found a scent he liked at Bath and Body Works, or what movie he watched last night.   All that important stuff that he somehow makes infinitely interesting. 

But I guess in my head I don't think there's anyone out there who's life is altered if I do or don't post.  (Okay, there's my Dad, but he's always been in my corner).  Sometimes life just gets full, doesn't it?  And for me, sometimes it's just my brain that gets full.  It's seldom a matter of not having anything to say.  I ALWAYS have something to say.  Usually I just have too much in my head, and don't think any of it is worth writing down, because no one would be interested but me.  And aren't all of our own thoughts endlessly interesting...................to us?

I will attempt to be better.  But be forewarned.  This means I will talk about those silly little things............like the fact that I saw a hummingbird eating at my honeysuckle bush yesterday.  And that The Husband and the boys from next door found a crawdad on the sidewalk (who I think is now dead in my birdbath).  Oh and then there's the fact that this season's Big Brother cast is a giant bore.  Did I mention that the final Harry Potter movie made me cry?  Shamelessly as a matter of fact, and I was not the only one in the theater that was crying.  Also I feel a "favorite things" series coming on.  Because there are things around me that make me happy when I look at them, and I think I should share.  I can't wait to see the movie "The Help".  Did you know I bought 2 salt lamps?  Have you ever even heard of salt lamps?  I hadn't.  Who besides me has a little crush on Tim Tebow?

So you see my brain is full of unimportant thoughts, it's just they are only important to me.  But I guess that's part of the self indulgence of having a blog in the first place.  We like to hear ourselves "write".  I just wish I was as good as James Lileks.

Comments

Popular Posts