Tunesday - "Smooth" Summer Solstice

In honor of Summer Solstice, which is at 11:16am around here, a song that screams summer.

First of all, Santana..............well I saw him at Mile High Stadium in 76 or 77.  Amazing.  In that all star rock band, he'd have to be on guitar for me..............Rob Thomas was the perfect fit for this song.

And I can remember just when I heard this song the first time, driving home one night, it was playing on KBCO with no announcement of who it was.  I reached over and turned it up, thinking, wow, new Santana, because you can't mistake it being him on the guitar.  I knew it would be a hit, a big hit, so hooky and memorable.  The song went on to win a grammy for Song of the Year, Record of the Year, and Supernatural won for Album of the year.  I guess I can pick them.  The video itself is actually good too.  I love watching Carlos' face when he plays..........

So enjoy..........and welcome to the summer of 2011. I think it's going to be a great summer.

Comments

Popular Posts