Bad Blogger No Posting

I have been bad about blogging............."things" get in the way.

Here is an incomplete list of my lame excuses.

"I'm Melting..............."  This is not the September of my dreams.  It has been one of the hottest on record according to the weather folks.  This time last year, we had already had snow. Dry, hot, and everything is so crispy..........well, let's just say, we've been watering the hill behind our house (though it's not our property) just in case.  I started the month with ideas of all my wonderful September blog posts............full of cool crisp days.  It is a little chilly overnight, but this is not the September I had been looking forward to.  Maybe we will have September in October, which means the end is in sight.

I have been buried at work.  Whenever I go on vacation, I am left with a mountain of things to work through and fix upon my return.  Down to the bottom of the pile, but I am exhausted when I get home at night.

Banking woes.  Upon our return from vacation I received a call from our wonderful credit union, there were "suspicious" transactions on our account, or more specifically, from our debit card.  "No", I told the man on the phone, we were not currently at a Walmart in Mississippi.  "Yes, please", decline the transaction.  Hooray for a credit union, that is diligent in looking out for us.  In the end, no money lost, new cards issued on the spot.......I love my credit union..................thanks, Dad, for the referral.

Free babysitting at your service...............since her adoption as a newborn, I have been one of the designated babysitters for my boss' daughter.  I volunteered for the duty, and have watched her for an evening, or overnight many times.  As an amazingly tall 8 year old, she is a joy to have around, and never poses a problem.  Both her mom and dad were busy this past weekend, so I picked her up on Friday night, and she stayed with us for the whole weekend, till mom picked her up late Sunday night.  She's a big hit in our neighborhood...........the 5 and 7 year old boys next door were competing for her attention.  She joined the weekend kickball games, and there was much roasting of marshmallows, both in our back yard, and the neighbors.  I think we exhausted her completely, but surprise............The Husband and I were wiped out too.

As September winds down, things will calm down (somewhat).  I will then be able to get down electronically, all the things rattling around in my brain.

Comments

Popular Posts