Better Homes and Gardens #1

For many years I lived in an apartment and dreamed of being a home owner. For four years now I have lived in the house The Husband and I bought.

I never take it for granted.

Each day, I leave the relative peace and quiet of the the "burbs" and head to Central Denver, where my office is, and where I lived for nearly 15 years. As I head to the local lunch spots, or hit the retail outlets for lunch time errands, it takes me through the INCREDIBLY ECLECTIC neighborhoods of Central Denver.

On a regular basis, I find myself glancing in the rear view mirror, to make sure it's okay to slam on my brakes, and take a look at the incredible landscapes and home improvement projects on display.

They should do a show on HGTV. So I thought I would start a continuing series on my blog, of the amazing homes I see. Fasten your seat belts, and welcome to the land of

NO HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATIONS.

Which of course leads to unlimited creativity. Think how happy you would be to live next door to.................



It's a freshly painted, cute little white house, with an ornate front storm door, a Texas (I think) star and landscaping that defies description.

This is Xeroscaping at its finest. Notice the lovely red mulch. Accented around the edges by brown mulch.

Who needs grass? We are about saving water.

Lawn statuary always adds some pizazz. Let's take a closer look at my favorite of the statuary on display.



Scattered around the rest of the yard were other things of note. Faux dinosaur fossils, a fairy on the bench and then my favorite.



A seashell collection, with a tombstone marker.

There were many other lovely things I could have taken photos of, but frankly I was afraid of a zombie running out the front door and telling me to get off his lawn.

Ahhhhhh

Central Denver.

Comments

Popular Posts