Springtime in the Rockies

Enough.

I love snow and we didn't get much of it this winter. But I'm good. Rain would be fine instead.

Even though its been technically "spring" for a few weeks now........spring comes slowly here. Things are looking pretty green all over Denver proper, but at 6200 feet, we are just starting to really feel the difference. We had 4"-5" inches of snow on Monday.

What comes to life early here are all the columbines, (I have 5 varieties) the peonies that I planted last year are back and doing very well, nearly 10" already. The honeysuckle is looking good in it's third year. Rose bushes are starting to green up, and I think I will have lilacs in spite of recent snow. Best of all, my tiny cherry tree is starting to put out big white blossoms.

Oh and most important of all............aspen trees are putting out those tiny, lime green leaves.............

Pictures to follow..........although we can't really say we are done with the snow....

Comments

Kris said…
I love growing columbines. The first house we lived in when we were first married, I grew some columbines along the shady north side of the house. Absolutely fascinating flowers, really, from an artistic standpoint. Hard as heck to do well, elusive like trying to draw bones or kittycats.

Popular Posts