Best of Grammy's

Sometimes it's a train wreck of a show to watch.

But like a car crash, sometimes you just have to slow down and look.

If the Right Reverend Al Green is singing, pull over and roll down the window. Justin Timberlake with him???????? Yeah. Not bad at all. Mr. Timberlake grows on me.


I watch the show to find new music. It's usually best to listen to the music and turn the volume down while people talk. It's less political that way.

Coldplay. Finally get why The Husband likes them. Sounds like the 80's.


Side by side............Miley and Taylor..........is it alright to say.....................eh?

If I had to choose............Taylor. But the girl needs some lung power.................Miley does that nasal, country singer girl "thing". Ewwww. If you're going to do that nasal thing............ Go all the way and be Loretta Lynn. Or........never mind.

Robert Plant and Alison Krause win. I like it when albums I have already purchased win. This album makes you want to take off your shoes, drink some sweet tea, and watch the fireflies.

Jennifer Hudson can sang. Girl with the really tough year........brings it home.

Jonas Brothers with Stevie Wonder???? Seem like great boys and I get the appeal, but Stevie Wonder???? Seems a tad bit sacrilegious. think the one brother choked. I would too............

On to the train wreck portion................Katy Perry.......... is this music or bad Broadway???

Only the balcony people seemed amused..............I was not.

RECORD OF THE YEAR.........wow. Got that one. T Bone Burnett, one of the greatest record producers you never heard of...................

Proof beyond all reason that I am old.............the Rap Pack performance. I am completely stumped.

In 1964, when the Beatles invaded America, I was five years old. I remember seeing the Life magazine cover and all the talk about their long hair. I saw them on Ed Sullivan show. I thought Paul was the "cute one". They are the soundtrack of childhood and adolescence. Even when they are not so good..............they are the best.

I might have to check out that Sugarland song, "Stay".
I might like Adele.

Waited a while to comment about Kid Rock...........when I think of him, I feel like a teenager. I like him but I'm pretty sure I will be in trouble for it. But I can't stop. I need someone to tell me how bad this latest album of his is, so I don't go out and buy it. Is he seeking something? Or has he gone too far??? Must I reject him?

Second Justin appearance.................eh.

the Four Tops...................ahhh..............like butter. I'll Be There........................Standing in the Shadows of Love...............Sugar Pie Honey Bunch.

Willl we be listening to that Rap segment 40 years from now?

Neil Diamond. I know they call him the Jewish Elvis. But "Hot August Night" was the album of my babysitting days..............As long as he doesn't sing "Blue Jean Queen" I can handle it. And like it, more than a little.

I AM BLOWN AWAY. In the Grammy's tribute to those who have died in the last year, they mentioned a person who I think of as my friend. Nothing like that has ever happened while watching the Grammy's.

Larry Norman. My friend, Larry. Who meant so much to me...........I have never even had the guts to talk about Larry on this blog. February 24th will be the one year anniversary of the day he "moved on." Larry.





Robert and Alison..........live.........amazing. T Bone playing guitar. So good, that if you don't get it, you shouldn't be allowed to listen.

Once again, I own album of the year..............before it was named as such. Does that mean I have good taste?????????

Comments

Popular Posts