Bad Blogger

I am guilty of ignoring my blog.


My reasons for doing so.................. are lame and not worthwhile.


I could easily say that I have been busy with holiday preparations and shopping.


The truth is less noble, and a true indication of my obsessiveness.


The truth is, I have been neglecting my blog while I hang out with my new IPod.


An early Christmas present, my Shiny new Silver 120GB IPod Classic has been obsessing me and keeping me up late at night.I resisted the IPod craze for as long as possible. But as a music lover, obsessed with having the right music for the right moment............well I got tired of dragging out my enormous CD binder and flipping through it to find "just the right CD".

After a YEAR or so of online and other research, I decided on the the IPod Classic, 120GB so I could upload ALL my CD's with room to grow..........

However, no one warned me (thanks, guys at work) about the "IPod Download Syndrome" where One becomes obsessed with downloading (uploading?) all One's current CD's. Oh.... and that process is not good enough.....One must download the album artwork. And if ITunes doesn't have it, then One must roam around on Amazon or elsewhere, to find the album artwork, copy the picture, and then drag it over to the little box ITunes provides for such things.

THEN,

One becomes obsessed with creating playlists, apparently, my new hobby. This is the new version of the old process of loading 6 CD's into your six-pack CD player and hitting "random play".

THEN, creating playlists is not good enough for my obsessive self. I must mull and wax eloquent when naming my playlists. My current listing, in random order: Class of 77, Crooners, Harry, Like Butter, Relax, and Tequila.

Why can't I be normal?

Just to add final insult to injury, ITunes and IPods now have the "Genius" program, whereby you let Apple in on what is on your list, tell them a favorite song, and then THEY create a playlist for you based on that song.

This function will no doubt lead to hours of critiquing Apple's prowess.

So there you go.................all you regular readers, who wonder where I've been.

IPOD OBSESSED.................

But so far the stats are............1709 songs, 161 albums, 4.9 days, and 39.94GB of music.

What a weak collection.

Comments

Popular Posts