Dancing with the Stars Results - The Unfair Part

I love Dancing with the Stars. I'm thrilled that it's so popular, that it stays on the air, and draws a wide array of actors, personalities and athletes. But the dance purist in me finds it annoying that it's not just a dance competition, it's also a popularity contest.



I know, I know, the audience participation element (a la American Idol) keeps more people watching and a younger demographic. All the cross promotions STUFF (text messaging) is a part of the revenues, blah, blah, blah.



It still sucks when they send more talented dancers home, instead of people who get votes for popularity or other reasons.



Hence tonight, they sent home Toni Braxton............................AND NOT CLORIS LEACHMAN.



Is there anyone out there who can justify that Toni is less of a dancer than Cloris? Don't get me wrong..............I have been amazed at the fact that octogenarian Cloris can lift her leg above her head............and she is hysterical. Really, really, funny. BUT NOT A BETTER DANCER.



So Toni, VERY UNFAIRLY from my perspective hits the road.......and Cloris lives to see another day.

Comments

Popular Posts