Stuck in Traffic

My commute home tonight had a 30 minute delay. This is usually the kind of thing that makes me nuts, and grateful for talk radio.

But today's delay was a pleasure. Living out here in the vast suburbs of Denver, I had a little taste of small town America.

I got stuck behind the Homecoming Parade.


We live really close to both a high school and junior high. I can often hear the marching band practicing in their parking lot. Tonight as I got close to home the traffic was diverted to one lane, and we drove along side a very slow moving parade. Complete with floats, two marching bands and the entire football team.

Very very cool.



The Pom Pom girls were on the tepee float.


I'm impressed that the county sheriff's department helps the school facilitate this. It must be great for the students, and I thought it was a great slice of small town............in a big town.

Comments

Popular Posts