Paul Newman Nobody's Fool

The Husband called on the cell phone this afternoon, to tell me the sad news of Paul Newman's death. Must admit........I shed a tear.

At age 10, my parents took me to see "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". It was love at first sight for both Redford and Newman. As a high school freshman, the parents dropped me off with a few girlfriends to see "The Sting"..............and we ran around laying our finger on the side of our nose for the rest of the year.

As I got older I went back and sought out videos of the older Paul Newman movies, and was amazed at his range. Though I never got over my Robert Redford crush...........through the years I really grew to love and respect Paul Newman. The fact that his marriage to Joanne Woodward stood the test of time, well, that just added to the admiration. I found a quote, "Once asked if he was ever attracted by the beautiful women with whom he worked Newman famously replied, "Why go out for a hamburger when you can have steak at home". Gotta love that man.

When scanning around for a photo, I chose the one above, because I think he became more handsome with age..........

Hard to pick a favorite Newman flick, there are so many, and so many different roles. Just a few that always make me stop and watch............."Nobody's Fool", "The Verdict" and of course, "The Color of Money".

Wish they could have done just one more..............

Comments

Popular Posts