New Fiesta Color

Yet another true confession. I am Fiesta Ware obsessed. This started in the early nineties when I also started haunting antique stores. I decided I needed some vintage Fiesta. Then I realized there was no way I could afford it. Had a chance at one point...... to purchase boxes full of vintage stuff, well below market value, from a friend of my mom. Couldn't bring myself to do it, so I helped her find a consignment person and she made several thousand dollars. Drat those morals!


Taking pity on me, my parents bought me my first 4 place settings of "modern Fiesta Ware". The first four colors I had were rose, yellow, turquoise, and periwinkle blue.


Such began the obsession. Every few years a new color would come out. Reasonable enough to keep up with................But..............since about 1999, the crack dealers at Homer Laughlin release a new color. EVERY SINGLE YEAR. All of us Fiesta addicts must drop everything, and make our way to to our local "connection" to get a new fix, I mean color.

They have done it again.

Ivory. NEW Ivory. Not to be confused with old Ivory, which was only made from 1936 to 1951. Which, by the way, I have never seen Old Ivory in person.

So being the dear man that he is, The Husband took me to see "my dealer" yesterday, so I could get me some NEW IVORY, four piece place setting, please.

I now have (whispering...........) 22 different colors. Please don't tell The Husband.



Now for the anti-climactic moment. Here it is......................

Comments

Popular Posts