What Goes Around Comes Around

I've noticed a disturbing trend of late.

I went to high school in the (hold your breath) "70's". Graduated in 1977 to be exact. It's quite a common thing for fashion trends to come and go, and then for some reason, the fashion industry feels inclined to bring the trends around AGAIN.

The current slate of clothing available in the store for women is some weird 60's/70's blend with Pucci prints, and color combinations from hell. IMHO The actual styles, well don't get me going. It's been a year since Rachel posted this and things are no better. I'm relieved to find I'm not the only one that thinks so. Tried to find a simple shirt lately, with buttons down the front and a COLLAR?

The most disturbing part of the whole thing for me is the hairstyles on young guys. Any other 70's gals out there who've noticed the hair stylists have clearly unearthed our yearbooks and used them as a reference guide? I swear I saw my boyfriend from 1978 at the cash register today. Now realistically, the 70's haircuts, WERE NOT REALLY A GOOD LOOK. Kind of, "I don't own a comb and occasionally cut my own hair with a knife without looking in a mirror" Like this.

Anyway, I'm tired of having flashbacks while walking through malls and stores.

And I didn't even do any of the good drugs.

Comments

Popular Posts