Okay, So Here's the Deal


It feels like we are at the beginning of a new era.........for us die hard Bronco fans.  But we've felt this way before, only to be disappointed.

I think I take my football too seriously.  I feel an emotional connection to the team.  Were it not for that connection, what is the point?  Don't get me wrong, I love the game of football.  It's complicated, and strategic.  It's exciting and physical.  But when you're invested in who wins.........

Last Sunday, I was sitting on the couch by myself.  Watching yet another, lackluster, stunningly boring performance by Kyle Orton.  Brutal.  Soul Paralyzing.  And then just before half time.........

Tebow with his helmet on.  What?  I gasped.

Could it be?

And then the Wonder Boy, Timmy came in and energized a team, a stadium, a city, a state?  Sure, we lost.  But this Bronco Fan hasn't been that happy in years.  Years.  Sure there was the 6-0 season start with McDaniels..........but then our hopes were dashed. 

But last Sunday, I had to call my Dad.  My lil' Bro called me.  It's a new season, with a Coach who must certainly be in the Hall of Fame for stubbornness. But the magic is back.  In spite of Coach Fox, who has a long way to go before the fans believe in him.

Yes, this girl bought a Tebow jersey this week.  And of course, now, the bye week.  So we have an extra week to dream and believe...... that maybe.

Super Bowl 32 and 33.  The glory days.............

Patience...........

Comments

Popular Posts