Spring Comes Slowly

Spring is taking it's time this year, which is just as well.............if all the trees leaf out and then it snows, you can end up losing branches...............or the leaves freeze, fall off and we have to start all over again.  But Easter is only two weeks away and I'm anxious to spend some days in the back yard.  So I planted some seeds of various kinds and put them in pots on the dining room window sill. The only thing coming up so far is the wheat grass..............and I think Bessy could plant and get wheat grass to come up.  But it makes me feel a little less suburban to grow something...............anything.



And there are tiny, bright green leaves coming in on my aspen..............you can see them in the late evening light.



The doves are back...........and I swear I heard a hummingbird............but then, I hear things.

After an unusually quiet weekend, (golf on in the background, the Masters, you know)  I found extra time to just sit and watch the birds come and go.............Bee Gees "Main Course" playing on the rock speakers, it was just too windy and about 20 degrees too cold. But music and contemplation can work wonders for your soul.

Comments

Popular Posts