Back in the Saddle

Been hiding out for a few weeks.

Not that I haven't thought about many things to post...........but somehow, when I spend 80% of every work day looking at a computer screen.........the last thing I want to do is spend the evening looking at a computer screen. 

So I write a cool post in my head, but never seem to make the time to do it when I get home.

So here's the laundry list of some of the random things floating around in my head.

  • If you watch only the national news weather forecasts...............you would assume we are buried in snow.  Those national maps show little digital snowflakes falling all over us.........The truth is, we  haven't seen snow in more than a week........we're in some sort of a weird weather inversion thing.  The Rockies actually shield us from the snow at times. Shhhhh.............don't tell folks thinking of moving here that the Front Range doesn't see that much snow.  The snow hits the "hills" and then we drink that run off next spring, and use it to water our lawns.
  • The Husband works in law enforcement...........and therefore, I am used to spending some holidays alone.  But I've learned that holidays are merely a day on the calendar.......but the "thought" can be celebrated whenever you decide.  So Thanksgiving is tomorrow around here.  Parents and the lil' bro will join us tomorrow and we'll have our turkey, etc.
  • By the calendar, Thursday was turkey day..........but I spent the day, mostly in my jammies.........watching movies.....one of my favorite things to do.  I needed the quiet.  I would have preferred The Husband was home..............but it was a good day.
  • Speaking of movies..............the best 3 Thanksgiving "ish" movies are:  Home for the Holidays, Planes Trains and Automobiles, and the oddly entertaining...........Pieces of April.  On another day, I'd be a good blogger and give you the links...........but go find them On Demand or on IMDB or Netflix.
  • I am reading "Wicked" and it's one of the weirdest books I've ever read.  More to come.
  • Our neighborhood has been strangely quiet for the last few days.........everyone must be somewhere else.  I have a feeling the quiet will not last.  I think that is a "good thing".
  • I want to take pictures of my Thanksgiving table, but I always forget.  Dad, remind me if you read this.
  • Thanksgiving was also my Dad's birthday, and tomorrow is my parents 52nd wedding anniversary.  My mom and lil bro's birthday was earlier this month.  We get them all done in November. 
  • We are busy at work.  And that is also "a good thing".  Business is up.  Good sign all around.
  • Thanksgiving came late this year.............Sunday morning, (or maybe Saturday night) will bring the beginning of Christmas decorations.............and I have a LOT to say about that.
  • I love Christmas.
Thanks to all of my loyal readers...............not just my family, but friends, in person and virtual. 

I am Thankful for all of you!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts