Twenty Years Later

How poetically fitting.

September 9, 1989 I was sitting with a friend at Red Rocks Ampitheater.



We were about halfway up, stage left. It was a cold and windy night.

The performer was Neil Young. It was a solo accoustic concert. How many people are there who can stand on that giant stage at Red Rocks all alone with an accoustic guitar and keep a sold out crowd happy? It was an amazing night.

Because you can find just about ANYTHING on the internet, I found the set list. I feel an Ipod list coming on.

"My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue) / Rockin' In The Free World / Sugar Mountain / Someday / Helpless / Pocahontas / Crime In The City / This Old House / Too Far Gone / Roll Another Number / This Note's For You / The Needle And The Damage / No More / After The Gold Rush / Heart Of Gold / Ohio / Rockin' In The Free World / Powderfinger"

It was the day before my 30th birthday.

Now, 20 years later, I'm sitting in my comfy chair in the loft. It's my 50th birthday and boy this chair is lot more comfortable than those old bench seats they have at Red Rocks. But seriously, a concert at Red Rocks is one of the best things there is in life.

So I pop on the TV and find in glorious HiDef...........Neil Young in concert on Palladia channel. Recorded at the Ryman in Nashville.

What a co-inky-dink.

Thanks Neil. A great birthday present.

Comments

Kris said…
Awesome!! Happiest of birthdays, Chicky. :)

Popular Posts