Of Fall and Trees and Jethro Tull

I have no windows in my office. A minor tragedy really, because there are days when I cannot bear the grey walls for one more minute.

Today was one of those days.

When I woke this morning it was cloudy and dark, but by the time I left home it was the quintessential early fall day. The sun was trying to break through, a light mist in the air that makes everything feel soft and, well.................like fall.

So at lunchtime I had to make a break for it.  Rolled down all the windows, and took a fall drive.

There's some great neighborhoods nearby, full of wise old trees that sooth my soul.  Still green in town, you have to look closely to find any leaves changing.  But it's there.

The early signs of fall.  Satellite radio was cooperating today for the lunch drive.  The Classic Vinyl Channel 14 served up Van Morrison, The Doors, Rolling Stones, The Who, and as I pulled back into our parking lot.................Jethro Tull...............Locomotive Breath.
You know you haven't heard it in a long time.............right?  Go ahead ..............listen

Comments

Kris said…
Spectacular. I love Jethro Tull. Aqualung is one of the things I insist on exposing my art students to at some point during the school year. Their education is incomplete without it. :)
The Chick Voice said…
Bless you, GDazz for exposing them to some of the amazing music of my high school years. Couldn't possible count the number of times I listened to that album.......with the headphones in my bedroom. Ahhhhhhhh, the 70's!

Popular Posts