Golden Globe Moments

WARNING: If you didn't watch the Golden Globes, none of the following will mean much of anything.............

Guess I'll need to see "The Reader". Really like Kate Winslet. Didn't she look beautiful..........?

Mickey Rourke.........well the only word that comes to mind............tragic. At least he can speak in complete sentences.

Tom Wilkinson wins. I really like him in whatever he does. Keep meaning to get around to watching the John Adams series on HBO. I hear it's amazing. Laura Linney wins as well. Can I still get this on Demand? Alas, no. On to the Netflix queue.

Okay, Twilight fans..................is True Blood on HBO just as good????

Stunning how bad The Husband hates the long speeches. He yells at the screen. But even more amazing.............The Husband is watching the Golden Globes with me...........yay.............

Drew Barrymore looks really great. Like old Hollywood stars. She is one of my favorite actresses.

Lost The Husband about an hour and a half into the show. He is now reading.

Okay, I admit it. I've never seen 30 Rock. Is is too late to start? Is it really as good as "they" all say? They won a lot/no, everything. Tracy Morgan. Drunk or stoned? I'm voting stoned. No, wait...........both.

About the Steven Spielberg award and tribute.................how much have we all been touched by his work? From the childhood whimsy of Anamanics and E.T. ............to Saving Private Ryan and one of my favorite movies (that I have only brought myself to watch once)......Schindler's List. What an amazing scope of work ..........and in every case..............amazing entertainment. Which for me is the point of it all...................movies take us to another place for an hour or two. If I were to have another life to live............I would want to direct movies.

Slumdog Millionaire................heard buzz about this from everywhere I go. Can't wait to see this movie. Guess the Hollywood Foreign Press likes it A LOT.

Comments

Anonymous said…
No True Blood is not anywhere near Twilight, it's not even near the Buffy MOVIE (not the show, the movie), that should tell you how BAD it is... surprising really...

I saw this and at one of the moments Kate was on stage... did you notice her call Leo Babe?

And Hello, found you blog through Widgetbox Muse Network.
The Chick Voice said…
Welcome Jess. Even though ALL the bloggers I read are bonkers over the Twilight series (and my Niece) I have been resisting the urge to buy them because I want to buy a Kindle and am trying to get through the stack of books I already have.

I thought the Kate/Leo moment was a little over the top too.....especially with her husband sitting right there at the table. Guess I'm just not Hollywood enough to get it.

Come back and see me........

Popular Posts