The UnTurkey Thanksgiving

No, not because we have become vegans or something like that.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time in my life when I haven't been with family on Thanksgiving.

In the past it has always been shared with my Mom's family.  Last year was Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary.

But with The Husband's work schedule and other issues, there was no big gathering. 

After a day spent alone...............I went to the neighbors for a few hours.

Bless her heart, she's not exactly a chef............while trying to baste her turkey in the oven with a stick of butter......(??????) it fell over and.............well.........let's just say there was enough smoke in the house for coughing and alarms.

Meanwhile the dogs and kids and were hitting decibels beyond belief...............

When dinner was on the plates............I don't remember what it tasted like.........too much mayhem

There was supposed to be a "redo" with Parents, Lil Bro and The Husband tomorrow, but Lil Bro is sick and so we will reschedule.

With The Husband at work the last three days........................I was bored.

But my Christmas decor is well on it's way.....

But....................I need my turkey.............I love turkey.

Comments

Popular Posts